Drivetrain Hub | Gears App
Cylindrical involute gears, namely spur and helical gears, can be modeled in the following architectures:
- Parallel gear set
- Idler gear set
- Compound parallel gear sets
- Multiple powerflow arrangements
- Standard planetary gear sets
- Compound planetary gear sets
- Ravigneaux planetary gear sets
- Other less common arrangements
For the planetary gear sets, algorithms are used to validate planetary gear arrangements, i.e. verifying they can be assembled and operated with the specified number of planets and planet positions.
To learn more, see our Gears App tutorials.
To sign up, see our memberships page.